Article - Alcoholic Beverages
§1–302. IN EFFECT
(a) The Comptroller shall adopt regulations to discharge the duties under this article.
(b) The Comptroller may adopt regulations regarding:
(1) labeling and advertising similar to the regulations adopted by the Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau of the United States Department of the Treasury;
(2) nature, form, and capacity of containers;
(3) credit sales;
(4) records to be kept by license holders and others engaged in the business;
(5) the amount of deposit on returnable beer containers that manufacturers and wholesalers of beer charge and collect; and
(6) any other subject the Comptroller considers necessary for the proper administration of the duties of the Comptroller under this article.
(c) (1) Any violation of a regulation adopted by the Comptroller under this article or the provisions of the Tax – General Article relating to the alcoholic beverage tax is grounds to revoke or suspend a license.
(2) The violator is subject to the penalties provided under § 6–402(a) of this article.
§1–302. ** TAKES EFFECT JUNE 1, 2020 PER CHAPTER 12 OF 2019 **
There is an Alcohol and Tobacco Commission.