Article - Alcoholic Beverages
(a) (1) An applicant for a Class E, Class F, or Class G license shall submit to the Comptroller an application in the form that the Comptroller provides.
(2) An application shall be made under oath.
(b) Except as provided in subsection (c) of this section, the application shall be made on behalf of an entity that is a corporation, a limited liability company, or an incorporated or unincorporated club by three officers or employees residing in the State who are authorized by the entity to apply for the license.
(c) (1) If there are fewer than three officers, directors, or authorized individuals of the entity, all officers, directors, or authorized individuals shall make the application.
(2) A stockholder on behalf of a close corporation may make the application if:
(i) there are no officers or directors of the close corporation; and
(ii) there is an affirmative vote of the stockholders holding a majority of the stock.
(3) If three principal officers of an entity are applicants for a Class G license, no applicant need be a registered voter, taxpayer, or resident of the State.
(4) Except as provided in paragraph (5) of this subsection, if the application for a Class E or Class F license is made for the use of a limited liability company:
(i) the license shall be applied for and issued to three of the authorized individuals for the company, as individuals; and
(ii) at least one of the applicants:
1. shall be a registered voter and taxpayer of the State when the application is submitted; and
2. shall have resided in the State for at least 2 years before the application is submitted.
(5) In Baltimore City, an authorized individual of a limited liability company who holds a license for the use of the limited liability company that was granted on or before June 1, 2012, need not be a registered voter in Baltimore City.
(d) (1) An application shall contain:
(i) the name and address of the applicant;
(ii) the amount of time the applicant has resided in the State;
(iii) the name and address of the entity on whose behalf the license is sought;
(iv) the class of license sought;
(v) a statement that the applicant:
1. is a citizen of the United States;
2. is at least 21 years old;
3. has not been convicted of a felony;
4. has not had a license for the sale of alcoholic beverages revoked; and
5. if issued a license, will obey all laws relating to the business for which the license is sought;
(vi) a statement that the entity for which the license is sought:
1. consents to the issuance of the license; and
2. except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, authorizes the Comptroller to inspect and search at any time, without warrant, the aircraft, railroad car, or water vessel to which the license applies;
(vii) the names and addresses of all of the officers of the entity; and
(viii) the signatures of the president or vice president of the entity, and the three officers to whom the license shall be issued.
(2) An inspection or a search conducted under paragraph (1)(vi)2 of this subsection may not be at a time or in a manner that delays or interferes with the movement of an aircraft, a train, or a water vessel.