Bill number does not exist. Enter a vaild keyword.

Statutes Text

Article - Alcoholic Beverages


    (a)    In this section, “guest” means an individual whose name and address appear on the registry that the inn maintains.

    (b)    There is a Class B (inn) beer, wine, and liquor license.

    (c)    The Board may issue the license to a license holder who is approved by the appropriate local governmental unit to operate an inn that:

        (1)    has at least 11 rooms or suites, each with sleeping accommodations, excluding resident management quarters, that the public for consideration may use for a specified time;

        (2)    has a seated dining capacity of a sufficient size to accommodate overnight guests and dinner patrons who participate in regular meals and special dinner events on the premises of the establishment as authorized under subsection (d) of this section; and

        (3)    has a kitchen facility that has been approved by the local governmental unit.

    (d)    The license authorizes the license holder to:

        (1)    sell beer, wine, and liquor for on–premises consumption by a guest in conjunction with a meal;

        (2)    with the prior approval of the Board, serve beer, wine, and liquor to guests and dinner patrons on a patio, a deck, a terrace, the grounds, or any other outdoor area that is an integral part of the premises;

        (3)    allow a guest to have beer, wine, and liquor delivered to the guest in a sealed package by the inn, if the guest is in a building that is:

            (i)    considered part of the inn operation; and

            (ii)    located in the same mail unit number as the inn or is not more than one–eighth of a mile from the inn;

        (4)    hold a special dinner event on the premises of the establishment; and

        (5)    allow an individual who is not a guest to patronize the establishment for a regular or special dinner meal.

    (e)    The license authorizes the license holder to sell beer, wine, and liquor for on–premises consumption during catered events at the inn if:

        (1)    the license holder is under contract to cater the event;

        (2)    the license holder caters the event; and

        (3)    food is served at the catered event.

    (f)    A holder of a Class B (inn) license that was issued after March 6, 2006, may sell beer and wine from the dining room to guests for off–premises consumption if the holder previously held a Class B (restaurant) license allowing sales of beer and wine for off–premises consumption.

    (g)    The license holder may sell beer, wine, and liquor to guests for on–premises consumption during the hours and days as set out for a Class B beer, wine, and liquor license under § 22–2004 of this title.

    (h)    The license does not authorize the sale of beer, wine, and liquor to an individual who:

        (1)    is not a guest or a patron of the dining facility of the inn; or

        (2)    is registered as a guest at the inn only to obtain beer, wine, and liquor.

    (i)    (1)    An inn may not be operated only to sell or provide beer, wine, and liquor.

        (2)    If an inn ends operations as an inn:

            (i)    the license is void; and

            (ii)    the license holder shall return the license to the Board.

        (3)    Beer, wine, and liquor in open containers may not be transferred, carried, taken, or delivered to, from, or between the inn and other buildings that are considered part of the inn.

    (j)    The Board shall adopt regulations to:

        (1)    carry out this section; and

        (2)    ensure that the primary purpose of the license is to allow the license holder to operate an inn.

    (k)    The annual license fee is:

        (1)    $2,500 for an inn that has at least 11 but not more than 24 rooms or suites; and

        (2)    $3,295 for an inn that has at least 25 rooms or suites.