Bill number does not exist. Enter a vaild keyword.

Statutes Text

Article - Alcoholic Beverages


    (a)    There is a Class MT (movie theater) beer, wine, and liquor license.

    (b)    (1)    The Board may issue the license for use by the owner of a movie theater.

        (2)    To be eligible for the license, the owner of a movie theater is required to provide documentation to the Board that the owner has made an investment of at least $250,000 in the movie theater.

    (c)    (1)    The license holder may sell beer, wine, and liquor for on–premises consumption from 4 p.m. to midnight on the days that the movie theater is open.

        (2)    Beer, wine, and liquor may be sold only:

            (i)    in single–serve containers; and

            (ii)    from a counter separate from a counter serving candy, popcorn, and nonalcoholic beverages.

        (3)    A movie theater for which the license is issued:

            (i)    is subject to the alcohol awareness training requirements under § 4–505 of this article; and

            (ii)    shall offer for sale food other than candy and popcorn.

    (d)    The annual license fee is $500.