Article - Alcoholic Beverages
(a) This section does not apply to a Class 4 limited winery that brings wine or pomace brandy manufactured on its licensed premises onto a retail licensed premises if:
(1) the wine or pomace brandy is being provided for a promotional activity conducted by the limited winery, a retail license holder, an alcoholic beverages trade association, or a nonprofit organization;
(2) a representative of the limited winery or a trade association representing Maryland wineries is present at all times during the promotional activity;
(3) the limited winery or winery trade association complies with any regulations that the Comptroller adopts relating to on–premises promotions and product sampling;
(4) the limited winery or winery trade association has advance written permission of the retail license holder to bring wine products on the retail licensed premises for the promotional activity; and
(5) all unopened or partially consumed containers of wine and pomace brandy are removed from the retail licensed premises at the end of the promotional activity.
(b) A license holder may not allow an individual to consume on the licensed premises an alcoholic beverage that is:
(1) not purchased on the premises from the license holder; and
(2) not otherwise allowed by this article to be consumed on the premises.