Article - Commercial Law
(a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Account” means:
(i) A credit card account;
(ii) A debit card account;
(iii) A bank account; or
(iv) Any other financial account.
(3) “Consumer goods” has the meaning stated in § 13–101 of this article.
(4) “Consumer services” has the meaning stated in § 13–101 of this article.
(5) “Merchant” has the meaning stated in § 13–101 of this article.
(b) A merchant that provides consumer goods or consumer services over the Internet under a contract with a consumer that requires the consumer to make periodic payments for the consumer goods or consumer services and allows the merchant to collect the payments directly from the consumer’s account shall include in a prominent place on its Web site:
(1) A toll–free telephone number that a consumer may call to cancel the contract; or
(2) An address to which a consumer may write to cancel the contract.
(c) A violation of this section is:
(1) An unfair or deceptive trade practice within the meaning of Title 13 of this article; and
(2) Subject to the enforcement and penalty provisions contained in Title 13 of this article.