Article - Criminal Procedure
(a) Whenever property is forfeited under this subtitle, the law enforcement unit that sought forfeiture of the property may only:
(1) order the property retained for the official use of the law enforcement unit;
(2) destroy the forfeited property; or
(3) sell, exchange, or transfer the forfeited property to another law enforcement unit for official use by that unit.
(b) Within 30 days after disposing of forfeited property, a law enforcement unit shall send to the Secretary of State Police:
(1) a description of the property forfeited;
(2) the type of disposition made; and
(3) the identity of the person to whom the property was transferred for disposal, retention, or official use.