Article - Election Law
(a) (1) Except as otherwise provided in this section, each item of campaign material shall contain, set apart from any other message, an authority line that states:
(i) as to campaign material published, distributed, or disseminated by a campaign finance entity:
1. the name and address of the treasurer of each campaign finance entity responsible for the campaign material; and
2. as to each treasurer named under item 1 of this item, the name of each campaign finance entity for which the treasurer is acting; and
(ii) as to campaign material published, distributed, or disseminated by any other person, the name and address of the person responsible for the campaign material.
(2) The authority line may omit an address that is on file with the State Board or a local board.
(3) If the campaign material is too small to include all the information specified in paragraph (1) of this subsection in a legible manner, the authority line need only contain the information required by regulations adopted by the State Board.
(4) The authority line for campaign material that is a commercial advertisement need only contain the information specified in paragraphs (1) and (2) of this subsection for one campaign finance entity or other person responsible for the advertisement.
(b) Campaign material that is published or distributed in support of or in opposition to a candidate, but is not authorized by the candidate, shall include the following statement:
“This message has been authorized and paid for by (name of payor or any organization affiliated with the payor), (name and title of treasurer or president). This message has not been authorized or approved by any candidate.”