Article - Health Occupations
(a) (1) The Committee consists of five members appointed by the Board as follows:
(i) Two shall be individuals who practice naturopathic medicine and who:
1. On or after October 1, 2014:
A. Are certified by the North American Board of Naturopathic Examiners; and
B. Have a minimum of 2 years experience; and
2. On or after March 1, 2016, are licensed naturopathic doctors;
(ii) One shall be a practicing licensed physician or practicing doctor of osteopathy who is a member of the Board;
(iii) One shall be a practicing licensed physician or practicing licensed doctor of osteopathy with experience working with naturopathic doctors; and
(iv) One shall be a consumer member.
(2) The Board shall appoint the naturopathic doctor members from a list of names submitted by the Maryland Association of Naturopathic Physicians.
(b) Each naturopathic doctor member of the Committee shall be:
(1) In good standing with the Board; and
(2) A resident of the State who has been engaged actively in the practice or instruction of naturopathic medicine for at least 5 years immediately before appointment.
(c) The physician or doctor of osteopathy members of the Committee shall be in good standing with the Board.
(d) The consumer member of the Committee:
(1) Shall be a resident of the State and a member of the general public;
(2) May not be or ever have been licensed to practice a health occupation under this article; and
(3) May not have a substantial personal, business, professional, or pecuniary connection with naturopathic education, business, or practice.
(e) (1) The term of a member is 4 years.
(2) The terms of members are staggered as required by the terms provided for members of the Committee on October 1, 2014.
(3) At the end of a term, a member continues to serve until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(4) A member may not serve more than two consecutive full terms.
(f) From among its members, the Committee shall elect a chair every 2 years.