Article - Public Safety
§4–1102. IN EFFECT
// EFFECTIVE UNTIL JUNE 30, 2023 PER CHAPTER 771 OF 2018 //
(a) There is a Pretrial Services Program Grant Fund.
(b) The purpose of the Fund is to provide grants to eligible counties to:
(1) establish pretrial services programs; or
(2) improve existing pretrial services programs to comply with § 4–1104 of this subtitle.
(c) The Executive Director shall administer the Fund.
(d) (1) The Fund is a special, nonlapsing fund that is not subject to § 7–302 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
(2) The State Treasurer shall hold the Fund separately, and the Comptroller shall account for the Fund in conjunction with the Executive Director.
(e) The Fund consists of:
(1) money appropriated in the State budget to the Fund;
(2) interest earnings of the Fund; and
(3) any other money from any other source accepted for the benefit of the Fund.
(f) The Fund may be used only to provide grants to eligible counties to establish or improve pretrial services programs.
(g) (1) The State Treasurer shall invest the money of the Fund in the same manner as other State money may be invested.
(2) Any interest earnings of the Fund shall be credited to the Fund.
(h) Expenditures from the Fund may be made only in accordance with the State budget.
(i) The accounts and transactions of the Fund shall be subject to audit by the Legislative Auditor as provided in § 2–1220 of the State Government Article.