Article - Public Utilities
(a) The Authority may obtain funding for its operational expenses from:
(1) a federal or State grant;
(2) filing fees and administrative fees for complaints heard by the Authority as authorized under § 12–112(b)(1) of this subtitle;
(3) an additional assessment or charge per ticket as authorized under subsection (b) of this section; and
(4) any other source.
(b) The Authority may collect an assessment or a charge not exceeding 5 cents per ticket from an owner–member if the assessment or charge:
(1) is not imposed on a county or a municipal corporation; and
(2) is approved by a two–thirds vote of all members of the Authority.
(c) Except as provided in subsections (a)(2) and (b) of this section, the Authority may not impose a charge or assessment against any person, directly or indirectly, to obtain funding for its operational expenses.