Article - Transportation
(a) “Electric low speed scooter” means a vehicle that:
(1) Is designed to transport only the operator;
(2) Weighs less than 100 pounds;
(3) Has single wheels in tandem or a combination of one or two wheels at the front and rear of the vehicle;
(4) Is equipped with handlebars and a platform designed to be stood on while riding;
(5) Is solely powered by an electric motor and human power; and
(6) Is capable of operating at a speed of up to 20 miles per hour.
(b) “Electric low speed scooter” does not include:
(1) An electric personal assistive mobility device; or
(2) An electric wheelchair or other mobility aid used by a disabled individual.