Delegate Mary Ann E. Love
- Anne Arundel
- Committee Assignment(s)
- Annapolis Info
165 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3511 | 301-858-3511
Toll-free in MD
- 165 House Office Building
- Interim Info
7961 Crowns Way
Glen Burnie, MD 21061
- Phone 410-761-5091
- 7961 Crowns Way
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 1994. Member of the House since 1993: appointed June 25 and sworn in June 29, 1993.
- Current Assignments
- 1993- Economic Matters Committee
- 1995- Alcoholic Beverages Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2003- Property and Casualty Insurance Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2007- Workers’ Compensation Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2011- House Chair, Joint Committee on Protocol
- 1999- Joint Committee on Legislative Ethics
- 1993- Women Legislators of Maryland
- Past House Service
- Chair, Anne Arundel County Delegation, 1999-2010; Joint Committee and Base Realignment and Closure, 2008-2010; Consumer Protection and Commercial Law Workgroup of the Economic Matters Committee, 2007-2010; Deathcare Industry Workgroup of the Economic Matters Committee, 1997-2010; Chair, Alcoholic Beverages Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee, 1995-2010; House Chair, Task Force to Study State Assistance to Veterans, 2007-2009; Co-Chair, Task Force to Study State Assistance to Veterans, 2007-2008; Joint Committee on the Selection of the State Treasurer, 2007, 2003; Banking, Economic Development, Science, and Technology Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee, 2003-2006; House Facilities Committee, 2005; Joint Technology Oversight Committee, 2000-2003; Real Estate and Housing Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee, 1999-2002; Science and Technology Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee, 1999-2002; Deputy Majority Whip, 1995-2002; Unemployment Insurance Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee, 1997-1998; Real Property Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee, 1995-1998.
- Public Service
- Commission on the Establishment of a Maryland Women in Military Service Monument, 2009-, 2007-2008; Labor and Economic Development Committee, National Conference of State Legislatures, 2007-; Economic Development, Trade, and Cultural Affairs Committee, National Conference of State Legislatures, 2005-2007; Endorsement Committee, Women Legislators of Maryland, 2006; President, Women Legislators of Maryland, 2005-2006; Task Force on Traffic Capacity Across the Chesapeake Bay, 2005-2006; President-Elect, Women Legislators of Maryland, 2004-2005; Treasurer, Women Legislators of Maryland, 2001-2004; Task Force to Study the Financial Impact of Retired Military Service Personnel on the Economy of the State, 2003; Task Force to Evaluate the Development and Construction of a Magnetic Levitation Transportation System (MAGLEV) in Maryland between Baltimore and the District of Columbia, 2002-2003; Task Force on the Environmental Effects of Methyl Tertiary-Butyl Ether (MTBE), 2000-2001; Council on Management and Productivity, 2000-2001; Presidential Elector, Maryland, 2000; Delegate, Democratic Party National Convention, 2000; Maryland Child-Care Business Partnership, 1998-2000; Maryland Medicaid Advisory Committee, 1996-; Design Professionals Task Force, 1995.
- Maryland Veterans Caucus, 2005-; Board of Directors, North Arundel Hospital, 2003-; House Vice Chair, Maryland Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, 2003-; Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Caucus, 2003-; Elected Member, Democratic State Central Committee, Anne Arundel County, 1991-1994; Chair, Democratic State Central Committee, Anne Arundel County, 1990-1991; At-Large Member, Democratic State Central Committee, Anne Arundel County, 1986-1990; Democratic Women of Anne Arundel County; District 32 Democratic Club; Providence Center; Hospice of the Chesapeake; Partners in Care; Northern Anne Arundel Chamber of Commerce; League of Women Voters; Linthicum Women's Club.
- Maryland's Top 100 Women, Daily Record, 2005; Award, Maryland Chapter, American College of Emergency Physicians, 2002; Award, Maryland Society of American Institute of Architects, 2002; Fannie Lou Hamer Award, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Awards Committee, 2000; Honorary Member, 115th Maryland Army National Guard, 1999; President's Award for Excellence, Northern Anne Arundel Chamber of Commerce, 1997; Legislator of Year, Anne Arundel County Trade Council, 1996; County Achievement Award, National Association of Counties, 1986-1989.
- Biographical Information
- Born, West Pittston, Pennsylvania, February 21, 1940; St. John's Evangelist High School, 1958; Wilkes-Barre Business School, 1959; Legislative Aide to Councilman, Anne Arundel County, District 2, 1974-82; Community Services Specialist, Anne Arundel County, 1982-85; Information and Assistance Specialist, Department of Aging, Anne Arundel County, 1992-94; Public Administrator, Consumer Service Coordinator, Anne Arundel County; Married, Two children.
Last Updated: 10/15/2019 3:26 PM