File Code: State Government - Agencies, Offices, and Officials
- Sponsored By:
State Government - Notary Public - Appointment
Authorizing a State Senator to delegate the Senator's authority to
approve an applicant for notary public to the Secretary of State;
authorizing the Governor to appoint and commission, under specified
circumstances, an individual as a notary public on approval by the
Secretary; and requiring an application for notary public, under
specified circumstances, to bear or be accompanied by the written
approval of the Secretary.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
For explanation of terms click here
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/9 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (42-5)
- First Reading Health and Government Operations
- Hearing 3/28 at 1:00 p.m.
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- General Assembly -see also- AELR Cmte; Leg Policy Committee.
- Notaries Public
- Secretary of State
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- State Government
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Judicial Proceedings
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- February 22, 2012: Third Reading Passed (42-5)