Article - Election Law
(a) (1) A local board may participate in the Program.
(2) A participating local board shall implement or use components of the page training program developed by the State Board under § 10–402(c)(1) of this subtitle.
(3) A participating local board may request from the State Board a waiver from a requirement established under this subtitle.
(b) Each participating local board shall:
(1) be responsible for the staffing of and implementation of a page training program;
(2) ensure each page receives the required training before election day; and
(3) encourage individuals at least 16 years old who apply to the Program to train as an election judge.
(c) An individual may not work as a page in a polling place unless the individual has completed the training provided by the local board.
(d) Each participating local board, in collaboration with the local school system, shall establish a procedure for the selection of pages by the local board.
(e) Each participating local board may recognize and certify community service hours for pages.
(f) This section does not require a local board to participate in the Program.