Article - State Personnel and Pensions
(a) In this section, “telework” means to work at a location other than a traditional office setting or an employee’s usual and customary worksite, including:
(1) the employee’s home;
(2) a satellite office; and
(3) a telework center.
(b) This section applies to:
(1) all employees in the Executive Branch of State government; and
(2) all units in the Executive Branch of State government, including units with independent personnel systems.
(c) The Secretary shall:
(1) establish a statewide telework program; and
(2) adopt a statewide telework policy and telework guidelines.
(d) (1) The head of a unit in the Executive Branch of State government may designate the positions for which an employee would be eligible to telework.
(2) A unit in the Executive Branch of State government shall have a goal of at least 15% of eligible employees participating in the statewide telework program established under subsection (c) of this section.