CHAPTER NUMBER: 606
File Code: Higher Education
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 232/98 - W&M
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Appropriations Committee (Departmental - Higher
Higher Education - Educational Excellence Award Program
Allowing funds appropriated for the Educational Excellence Award
Program that are not used by its recipients to be carried forward to
the next fiscal year for awarding scholarships to students; and
prohibiting the use of certain funds for administrative expenses.
- First Reading Appropriations
- Hearing 2/10 at 11:00 a.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/11 at 11:00 a.m.
- Favorable Report by Appropriations
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (138-0)
- House Concur - Senate Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (126-0)
- Passed Enrolled
- Signed by the Governor Chapter 606
- First Reading Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 3/26 at 2:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Budget and Taxation
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed with Amendments (45-0)
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Appropriations Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- HIGHER EDUCATION -see also- STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES.
- HIGHER EDUCATION COMMISSION
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled (PDF)
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 109223/1 (PDF) Offered on: April 5, 1999 at:
8:52 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- March 12, 1999: Third Reading Passed (138-0)
- April 6, 1999: Third Reading Passed (126-0)
- April 6, 1999: Third Reading Passed (45-0)