File Code: Workers' Compensation
- Sponsored By:
Delegates W. Baker, Heller, Bozman, McClenahan, and Rudolph
Workers' Compensation - Students in Unpaid Work-Based Learning
Specifying that a student in an unpaid work-based learning experience
is a "covered employee" under workers' compensation statutes; allowing
a county board of education to secure coverage for the student; and
specifying that compensation for the student, if injured, shall be
based on the federal minimum wage.
- First Reading House Rules
- Re-referred Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/18 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Wheeler R. Baker, District 36
- Delegate K. Bennett Bozman, District 38
- Delegate Henry B. Heller, District 19
- Delegate Charles A. McClenahan, District 38
- Delegate David D. Rudolph, District 35B
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- EDUCATION, BOARDS OF
- EDUCATION -see also- PUBLIC SCHOOLS; SPECIAL ED.; HIGHER ED.
- WORKERS' COMPENSATION
- WORK, LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT -see also- LEAVE; O.T.; SALARIES.
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Labor and Employment
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: