File Code: Business Regulation and Occupations
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Economic and Environmental Affairs Committee
(Departmental - Secretary of State)
Secretary of State - Trademarks and Service Marks - Disclosure of
Authorizing the Secretary of State, on request, to provide lists of
public trademark and service mark information if the Secretary
approves of the purpose for which the information is requested;
prohibiting the Secretary of State from providing a list for
telemarketing; requiring the Secretary of State to charge a reasonable
fee for lists with a certain requirement; and prohibiting a person
from using a list for a purpose other than the one approved.
- First Reading Economic and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 1/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Economic and Environmental Affairs
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/31 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Economic Matters
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Econ. & Environmental Affairs Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- FEES -see also- DEVELOPMENT FEES AND TAXES
- PUBLIC INFORMATION
- RECORDS -see also- RCDNGS; LAND RCDS; VITAL RCDS; CRIM BKGD.
- SECRETARY OF STATE
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Business Regulation
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- January 28, 1999: Third Reading Passed (47-0)