Article - Alcoholic Beverages
(a) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, the Board may not issue a new license for an establishment whose entry is within 1,000 feet in a straight line from the entry of a place of worship or school.
(b) The prohibition against issuing a license in subsection (a) of this section does not apply to:
(1) the transfer of a license from the current license holder to a new license holder, unless the transfer would allow the sale of alcoholic beverages by another establishment within the 1,000–foot restriction;
(2) a nonprofit club or nonprofit organization;
(3) a restaurant that held a license at the time the restaurant was destroyed by fire, flood, windstorm, or other act of God, if a new place of worship or school has not been constructed within the 1,000–foot restriction;
(4) the issuance of a Class H beer and wine (on–sale) license or beer, wine, and liquor (on–sale) license;
(5) the issuance of a motel–restaurant complex or hotel–restaurant complex beer, wine, and liquor (on–sale) license;
(6) the issuance of a Class BLX (deluxe restaurant) (on–sale) beer, wine, and liquor license; or
(7) the issuance of a gift basket permit.
(c) For an establishment that is within 1,000 feet of the grounds of a place of worship or school, the Board:
(1) may renew a license;
(2) may extend the area of the licensed premises; but
(3) may not change the operational classification of an existing license, unless the change is from a Class B, Class C, or Class D license to a Class H license.