Article - Business Regulation
(a) In this title the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Boxing” includes sparring.
(c) “Commission” means the State Athletic Commission.
(d) (1) “Contest” means a boxing, kick boxing, or wrestling:
(iv) performance; or
(2) “Contest” includes a mixed martial arts:
(iii) performance; or
(3) “Contest” does not include a mixed martial arts exhibition.
(e) “Contestant” means an individual who participates in a boxing, professional kick boxing, amateur kick boxing, professional mixed martial arts, or amateur mixed martial arts contest.
(f) “Mixed martial arts” means a competition in which contestants use interdisciplinary forms of fighting, including various forms of martial arts, involving:
(1) striking with the hands, feet, knees, or elbows; and
(2) grappling by take–downs, throws, submissions, or choke holds.
(g) “Mixed martial arts exhibition” means mixed martial arts where:
(1) contact to the body is permitted in only a restrained manner;
(2) contact to the head is not permitted; and
(3) no contact is permitted that may result, or is intended to result, in physical harm to an opponent.