Article - Election Law
(a) Before receiving a private contribution, a gubernatorial ticket shall:
(1) on or before the deadline to file a certificate of candidacy under § 13–303 of this article, file with the State Board a notice of intent to participate as a publicly financed candidate for both the primary and general elections; and
(2) establish a campaign finance entity for complying with the requirements of this title.
(b) (1) A campaign finance entity established under subsection (a)(2) of this section may accept only:
(i) a private contribution;
(ii) an eligible private contribution;
(iii) a public contribution; and
(iv) subject to paragraph (2) of this subsection, a contribution or loan from a member of a gubernatorial ticket or the spouse of a member of the gubernatorial ticket.
(2) A member of a gubernatorial ticket or the spouse of a member of a gubernatorial ticket may not make a contribution of or lend a combined total of more than $50,000 to the campaign of the gubernatorial ticket.
(c) To qualify as an eligible gubernatorial ticket, a gubernatorial ticket shall collect within the qualifying period at least:
(1) 1,500 eligible private contributions; and
(2) an aggregate total of $120,000.