Article - Health - General
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Accreditation organization” means a private entity that conducts inspections and surveys of health care facilities or health care staff agencies based on nationally recognized and developed standards.
(c) “Deemed status” means a status under which a health care facility or a health care staff agency may be exempt from routine surveys conducted by the Department.
(d) “Health care facility” means:
(1) A hospital as defined in § 19–301 of this title;
(2) A health maintenance organization as defined in § 19–701(g) of this title;
(3) A freestanding ambulatory care facility as defined in § 19–3B–01 of this title;
(4) An assisted living facility as defined in § 19–1801 of this title;
(5) A laboratory as defined in § 17–201 of this article;
(6) A home health agency as defined in § 19–401 of this title;
(7) A residential treatment center as defined in § 19–301 of this title;
(8) A comprehensive rehabilitation facility as defined in § 19–1201 of this title;
(9) A forensic laboratory as defined in § 17–2A–01 of this article;
(10) A substance–related disorder program as defined in § 7.5–101 of this article; and
(11) A mental health program as defined in § 7.5–101 of this article.
(e) “Health care staff agency” has the meaning stated in § 19–2001 of this title.