Article - Health - General
(a) The purpose of establishing Health Equity Resource Communities is to target State resources to specific areas of the State to:
(1) Reduce health disparities;
(2) Improve health outcomes;
(3) Improve access to primary care;
(4) Promote primary and secondary prevention services; and
(5) Reduce health care costs and hospital admissions and readmissions.
(b) (1) The Commission may adopt regulations to carry out the provisions of this subtitle and to specify eligibility criteria and application, approval, and monitoring processes for the resources allocated under this subtitle.
(2) (i) The Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities shall provide technical assistance to the Commission in implementing the provisions of this subtitle.
(ii) At the request of the Commission, any other unit in the Department shall provide technical assistance to the Commission in implementing the provisions of this subtitle.
(c) Two additional staff shall be added to the Commission to carry out the provisions of this subtitle.