Article - Health Occupations
(a) There is a State Board of Examiners in Optometry Fund.
(b) (1) The Board may set reasonable fees for the issuance and renewal of licenses and certificates and its other services.
(2) The fees charged shall be set so as to produce funds to approximate the cost of maintaining the Board.
(3) Funds to cover the compensation and expenses of the Board members shall be generated by fees set under this section.
(c) (1) The Board shall pay all funds collected under this title to the Comptroller of the State.
(2) The Comptroller shall distribute the fees to the State Board of Examiners in Optometry Fund.
(d) (1) The Fund shall be used to cover the actual documented direct and indirect costs of fulfilling the statutory and regulatory duties of the Board as provided by the provisions of this article.
(2) The Fund is a continuing, nonlapsing fund, not subject to § 7-302 of the State Finance and Procurement Article.
(3) Any unspent portions of the Fund may not be transferred or revert to the General Fund of the State, but shall remain in the Fund to be used for the purposes specified in this article.
(4) No other State money may be used to support the Fund.
(e) (1) A designee of the Board shall administer the Fund.
(2) Moneys in the Fund may be expended only for any lawful purpose authorized under the provisions of this article.
(f) The Legislative Auditor shall audit the accounts and transactions of the Fund as provided in § 2-1220 of the State Government Article.