Article - Health Occupations
(a) In addition to the powers set forth elsewhere in this title, the Board may:
(1) Adopt regulations to carry out the provisions of this title;
(2) Summon witnesses, administer oaths, take affidavits, and take testimony about matters that relate to the duties of the Board; and
(3) In accordance with the State budget, authorize payment of fees and travel expenses of witnesses who testify in any proceeding before the Board.
(b) In addition to the duties set forth elsewhere in this title, the Board shall:
(1) Keep a list of the name and address of each licensed massage therapist and registered massage practitioner;
(2) Adopt an official seal;
(3) File reports of the activities of the Board as required by the Secretary;
(4) Assist in prosecutions under this title;
(5) Investigate an alleged violation of this title; and
(6) Establish an advisory committee, to be chaired by the vice chair of the Board, to study the scope of practice of massage therapy and make recommendations to the Board on changes to this title or regulations adopted by the Board under this subtitle that are necessary to reflect currently practiced modalities.