Article - Natural Resources
(a) The Department shall maintain a record of leases issued under this subtitle.
(b) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, all fees, funds, and revenues derived from the administration of this subtitle shall be paid to the Comptroller of the Treasury and credited to the Fisheries Research and Development Fund.
(2) The Department shall transfer any funds derived from the aquaculture development surcharge to the State Department of Agriculture to be used for development of, and training and grants for, shellfish aquaculture.
(c) In accordance with § 4–742 of this title, the Department of the Environment may close to the catching, planting, or harvesting of shellfish waters in:
(1) The shellfish public fishery area;
(2) An Aquaculture Enterprise Zone;
(3) An area preapproved for leasing in the Atlantic Coastal Bays; or
(4) An area subject to an aquaculture lease, submerged land lease, or demonstration lease.
(d) In consultation with the Department of the Environment and the Wetlands Administrator of the Board of Public Works, the Department shall adopt regulations to implement this subtitle.