Article - Public Safety
(a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Electric vehicle” means a vehicle that uses electricity for propulsion.
(3) “Electric vehicle charging station” means a connected point in an electrical wiring installation at which current is taken to charge a battery or any other energy storage device in an electric vehicle.
(4) “Level 2 charging” means that the charging capability of the electric vehicle charging station:
(i) includes the ability to charge a battery or any other energy storage device in an electric vehicle through means of an alternating current electrical service with a minimum of 208 volts; and
(ii) meets applicable industry safety standards.
(5) “Vehicle” has the meaning stated in § 11–176 of the Transportation Article.
(b) This section applies only to the construction of new housing units, including:
(1) single–family detached homes; and
(2) town houses.
(c) If the construction of one or more new housing units will include at least one garage, carport, or driveway for each housing unit, the builder or the builder’s agent shall provide each buyer or prospective buyer with the option to include in or on the garage, carport, or driveway:
(1) an electric vehicle charging station capable of providing at least Level 2 charging; or
(2) a dedicated electric line of sufficient voltage to support the later addition of an electric vehicle charging station capable of providing at least Level 2 charging.
(d) The builder or builder’s agent shall give to each buyer or prospective buyer:
(1) notice of the options listed in subsection (c) of this section; and
(2) specific information about any available rebate programs related to the purchase or installation of electric vehicle charging stations.