Senator Edward J. Kasemeyer
- Baltimore and Howard
- Committee Assignment(s)
- Annapolis Info
3 West Miller Senate Building
11 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Toll-free in MD
- 3 West Miller Senate Building
- Interim Info
5205 East Drive
Arbutus, Maryland 21227
- Phone 410-242-5699
- 5205 East Drive
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Senate in 1986. Member of the Senate, 1987-91. Next elected to the Senate in 1994. Member of the Senate since 1995.
- Current Assignments
- 2011- Chair, Budget and Taxation Committee (Member, 1995- )
- 2003- Rules Committee
- 2003- Executive Nominations Committee
- 1997- Legislative Policy Committee
- 2007- Management Subcommittee of the Legislative Policy Committee
- 2010- Joint Committee on Health Care Delivery and Financing
- 1995- Joint Committee on Pensions
- 2003- Joint Committee on Spending Affordability
- Past Senate Service
- Standing Committee on Reapportionment and Redistricting, 2011-2012; Acting Chair, Budget and Taxation Committee, 2010; Senate Chair, Joint Legislative Workgroup to Study State, County, and Municipal Fiscal Relationships, 2009-2010; Chair, Health, Education and Human Resources Subcommittee of the Budget and Taxation Committee, 2008-2010; Majority Leader, 2007-2010; Vice Chair, Budget and Taxation Committee, 2007-2010; Pensions Subcommittee of the Budget and Taxation Committee, 1997-2010; Chair, Howard County Senate Delegation, 2004-2008; Joint Committee on Health Care Delivery and Financing, 2007; Joint Committee on the Selection of the State Treasurer, 2007, 2003, 2002; Chair, Health and Human Services Subcommittee of the Budget and Taxation Committee, 2007, 2002-2003; Deputy Majority Leader, 2003-2007, 1996-2001; Chair, Capital Budget Subcommittee of the Budget and Taxation Committee, 2003-2007; Chair, Pensions Subcommittee of the Budget and Taxation Committee, 1997-2007; Senate Chair, Spending Affordability Committee, 2003-2006; Senate Chair, Special Joint Committee on Pensions, 1997-2006; Senate Vice Chair, Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive and Legislative Review, 2001-2003; Senate Chair, Joint Committee on Children, Youth, and Families, 1999-2002; Senate Chair, Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive and Legislative Review, 2000; Joint Committee on Investigation, 1995-; Finance Committee, 1987-1991; Joint Committee on Federal Relations, 1987-1991.
- Past House Service 1983-1987
- Economic Matters Committee , 1983-1987; Savings and Loan Oversight Committee , 1986.
- Public Service
- Maryland Health Care Reform Coordinating Council, 2011, 2010; Long-Term Care Work Group, Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene, 2010-; Commission to Develop the Maryland Model for Funding Higher Education, 2007-2009; Co-Chair, Blue Ribbon Commission to Study Retiree Health-Care Funding Options, 2007-2009; Legislative Advisory Council, Southern Regional Education Board, 2008-; Human Services & Welfare Committee, National Conference of State Legislatures, 2007-; Health Committee, National Conference of State Legislatures, 2007-; Joint Legislative Task Force on Universal Access to Quality and Affordable Health Care, 2006-2007; Commission to Study Local Maintenance of Effort (For Education Funding), 2005-2007; Financial Services Committee, National Conference of State Legislatures, 2005-2007; Capital Debt Affordability Committee, 2003-2007; Vice Chair, Senate Special Commission on Electric Utility Deregulation Implementation, 2005-2006; Fiscal Affairs and Government Operations Committee, Southern Legislative Conference, 2005-; Co-Chair, Task Force to Study Retiree Health-Care Funding Options, 2005; Board of Trustees, Maryland Health Care Foundation, 2002-2004; Task Force to Evaluate the Development and Construction of a Magnetic Levitation (MAGLEV) Transportation System in Maryland between Baltimore and the District of Columbia, 2002-2003; State Interagency Coordinating Council [for Infants and Toddlers Program], 2000-2003; Partnership for Workforce Quality Advisory Board, 1996-2003; Judith P. Hoyer Blue Ribbon Commission on the Financing of Early Child Care and Education, 2000-2001; Joint Committee to Study Mandates on Local Government, 1995-1997; Task Force on the Maryland Prepaid-Tuition Savings Program, 1996; Co-Chair, Task Force on Funding for the Maryland School for the Deaf, 1996; Delegate, Democratic Party National Convention, 1996; Special Advisory Commission on Professional Sports and the Economy, 1987-1988; Task Force on Real Property Closing Costs, 1985-1986; Financial Disclosure Commission, Howard County, 1980-1982; Howard County Democratic State Central Committee, 1978-1982; Chair, Joint Subcommittee on Horse Racing.
- Greater Howard County Chamber of Commerce (President, 1980), 1976-1982; Board of Directors, Howard County Association of Retarded Citizens; Howard County Housing Alliance; Howard County General Hospital Advisory Board.
- Municipal Super Star, Maryland Municipal League , 2011; Certificate of Appreciation, Maryland Municipal League , 2010, 2009, 2008.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Baltimore, Maryland, July 18, 1945; Howard County Senior High School; Western Maryland College, B.A., Political Science, 1967; Five children.
Last Updated: 10/15/2019 3:26 PM