Senator James Brochin
- Committee Assignment(s)
- Annapolis Info
221 James Senate Office Building
11 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Toll-free in MD
- 221 James Senate Office Building
- Interim Info
705 York Road
Towson, MD 21204
- Phone 410-823-7087
- 705 York Road
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Senate in 2002. Member of the Senate since 2003.
- Current Assignments
- 2007- Judicial Proceedings Committee
- 2003- Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review (AELR)
- 2007- Senate Special Committee on Substance Abuse
- Past Senate Service
- Education, Health and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2004-2006; Environment Subcommittee of the Education, Health and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2004-2006; Ethics and Election Law Subcommittee of the Education, Health and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2004-2006; Joint Committee on Federal Relations, 2003-2006; Judicial Proceedings Committee, 2003-2004; Environmental Restoration and Development Task Force, 2003.
- Public Service
- Legislative Effectiveness Committee, National Conference of State Legislators, 2007-; Legislative Effectiveness and State Government Committee, National Conference of State Legislators, 2005-2007; Law and Criminal Justice Committee, National Conference of State Legislators, 2005-.
- Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Caucus, 2004-.
- Legislator of the Year, American Institute of Architects , 2004; Legislator of the Year, Maryland State’s Attorneys Association , 2003.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Baltimore, Maryland, February 22, 1964; Pikesville High School; University of North Carolina at Greensboro, B.A., Political Science, 1986; University of Maryland, M.A., Government and Politics, 1990; Insurance Broker; Former Business Owner, Real Estate Company; Legislative Analyst, Maryland Senate President, 1989; Lobbyist, Baltimore County, 1990-1991; Campaign Manager, American Joe Miedusiewski, 1993-1994; Political Science Instructor, Catonsville Campus, Community College of Baltimore County, 1990-1998; Political Science Instructor, Towson University, 1994-; Senior Political Writer, Baltimore Magazine, 1994-2001; Single, One child.
Last Updated: 10/15/2019 3:24 PM