Senator Michael J. Hough
- Frederick and Carroll
- Committee Assignment(s)
Judicial Proceedings Committee
- Judicial Proceedings Committee
- Annapolis Info
420 James Senate Office Building
11 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3704 | 301-858-3704
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3704
Fax 410-841-3713 | 301-858-3713
- 420 James Senate Office Building
- Interim Info
3510 Worthington Blvd.
Frederick, MD 21704
- Phone 301-874-3068
- 3510 Worthington Blvd.
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland Senate in 2014. Member of the Senate since 2015. Member of the Maryland House of Delegates, 2011-2015.
- Current Assignments
- 2020 Minority Whip
- 2015 Judicial Proceedings Committee
- 2020 Legislative Policy Committee
- 2019 Task Force to Study Crime Classification and Penalties
- 2015 Maryland Veterans Caucus (2011-2015, House Member)
- 2018 Vice Chair, Frederick County Delegation
- Past Senate Service
- Joint Committee on Children, Youth and Families, 2015-2019; Public Safety and Policing Workgroup, 2015-2016.
- Past House Service
- Special Joint Commission on Public Safety and Security in State and Local Correctional Facilities, 2013; Assistant Minority Leader, 2013-2014; Judiciary Committee, 2011-2014; Civil Law and Procedure Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee, 2011-2014.
- Public Service
- Chair, Task Force to Study Maryland's Criminal Gang Statutes, 2018-; Justice Reinvestment Oversight Board, 2016-; Maryland Police Training and Standards Commission, 2016-; Justice Reinvestment Coordinating Council, 2015-2016; Maryland Chair, Ameriacan Legislative Exchange Council, 2011-.
- Maryland Legislative Sportmen's Caucus, 2015-; Maryland Community Caucus, 2012-; Maryland Rural Caucus, 2012-; Frederick County Republican Central Committee, 2006-2010; Chair and Vice Chair, Frederick County Republican Central Committee, 2008; American Legion Post no. 297, Baltimore; Knights of Columbus.
- Award for Conservative Excellence, American Conservative Union, 2016.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Silver Spring, Maryland, November 4, 1979; Watkins Mill High School, Gaithersburg; Community College of the Air Force, A.A., Applied Sciences, 2002; Towson University, B.S., Political Science, 2007; U.S. Air Force, Missile Maintenance Technician, 1998-2002; Sales Associate, Sears, 2002-04; Legislative Aide to State Senator Alex X. Mooney, 2004-07; Director, Commerce, Insurance and Economic Development, and Public Safety and Elections Task Forces, American Legislative Exchange Council 2007-11; Chief of Staff, U.S. Representative Alex X. Mooney, West Virginia, 2017 -; Member, St. Francis of Assisi and St. Mary's Catholic Church; Married; three children.
Last Updated: 11/30/2020 1:36 PM