Delegate Karen Lewis Young
- Committee Assignment(s)
Health and Government Operations Committee
- Health and Government Operations Committee
- Annapolis Info
416 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3436 | 301-858-3436
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3436
Fax 410-841-3412 | 301-858-3412
- 416 House Office Building
- Interim Info
253 East Church Street
Frederick, MD 21701
- Phone 410-841-3436 | 301-858-3436
- 253 East Church Street
2021 Contact Information
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates in 2014. Member since 2015.
- Current Assignments
- 2015 Health and Government Operations Committee
- 2019 Insurance and Pharmaceuticals Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee
- 2020 Government Operations and Health Facilities Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee
- 2019 Joint Audit and Evaluation Committee
- 2020 Joint Committee on Behavioral Health and Opioid Use Disorders
- 2015 Women Legislators of Maryland (Treasurer, 2018-19)
- 2019 Maryland Legislative Latino Caucus, Associate Member
- 2019 Maryland Veterans Caucus
- Public Service
- Governor's Commission to Study Mental and Behavioral Health, 2020-; Human Trafficking Task Force, Frederick County, 2016-2018; Maryland Commission on Caregiving, 2017-; Health and Human Services Committee, National Conference of State Legislatures, 2015-; State Advisory Council on Hereditary and Congenital Disorders, 2015-; Citizen Advisory Council, Transportation Planning Board, Washington Council of Governments, 2014; Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments Board of Directors, Chair, 2013; Leadership Frederick, 1998; Weinberg Center for the Arts, Board of Directors; Fredericktown Players Development Director; Frederick County Commission for Women; Rotary Club of Frederick- Paul Harris Fellow, Fireside Chat Committee, Charitable Giving Fund; Frederick Festival of the Arts; Easels in Frederick.
- Kol Ami, Board of Directors; Mental Health Association; United Way; Academy of Finance; Hadassah; Elks.
- Presidential Award of Merit, Maryland Athletic Traners' Association, 2020; Distinguished Advocacy Award, American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network, 2020; Mental Health Champion, Mental Health Association, 2019; Chi Theta Omega Chapter's Distinguished Woman of Excellence Award, 2018; V. Eugene McCrary Award, Maryland Optometry Association, 2017.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Bronx, New York, June 21, 1951; Montoursville Area High School, 1969; Franklin and Marshall College, B.A., History 1973; Columbia University, M.A., American History, 1974; Columbia University, MBA, 1977; Senior Vice-President and Chief Marketing Officer, Farmers & Merchants' National Bank, 1996-1999; Vice-President and Industry Practice Leader, Claritas, 2000-2001.; Vice President and Senior Deposit Product Manager, Allfirst, 2001-2003; President, Karen Lewis Market Research, 2004-2006, 2008-2009; Capital One, Director, Marketing Research 2007-2008; City of Frederick, President Pro Tem, Board of Aldermen 2009-2013; Married; one child, one grandchild.
Last Updated: 11/30/2020 1:40 PM