Delegate Wendell R. Beitzel
- Garrett and Allegany
- Committee Assignment(s)
Rules and Executive Nominations Committee
- Appropriations Committee
- Annapolis Info
309 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3435 | 301-858-3435
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3435
- 309 House Office Building
- Interim Info
2287 Rock Lodge Road
Accident, MD 21520
- Phone 301-387-6950
- 2287 Rock Lodge Road
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 2006. Member of the House since 2007.
- Current Assignments
- 2009- Appropriations Committee
- 2011- Capital Budget Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee
- 2009- Transportation and the Environment Subcommittee of the Appropriations Committee
- 2009- Oversight Committee on Personnel of the Appropriations Committee
- 2015 Spending Affordability Committee
- 2015 Chair, Western Maryland House Delegation
- 2007 Chair, Garrett County House Delegation
- 2012 Maryland Veterans Caucus
- Past House Service
- Deputy Minority Whip, 2015-2018; Joint Committee on Pensions, 2015-2017; Health and Government Operations Committee, 2007-2009; Government Operations Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2007-2009; Minority Health Disparities Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2007-2009; Chair, Allegany House Delegation, 2007-2016.
- Public Service
- Maryland Economic Development and Business Climate Commission, 2014-2016; Task Force to Study Gypsy Moth Infestation, 2008-2009; Youth Centers Advisory Board, 2008-; Tri-County Council for Western Maryland, 2007-; Maryland Tourism Development Board, 2007-; Chair, Trial Court Judicial Nominating Commission, 5th Commission District, 2004-2007; Trial Court Judicial Nominating Commission, 5th Commission District, 2003-2004; Governor's Commission on the Structure and Efficiency of State Government, 2003; Board of County Commissioners, Garrett County, 1998-2002; Deep Creek Lake Policy and Review Board, 1998-; Upper Potomac River Commission, 1986-.
- Allegany County Delegation, 2009-2016; Board of Directors, Maryland Association of Counties, 1998-2002; National Federation of Independent Businesses; National Association for the Self-Employed; Garrett County Chamber of Commerce; Garrett National Bank; Water Environment Federation; American Legion Post no. 71; Fraternal Order of the Elks, Lodge no. 2481; Founding Member, Deep Creek Lake Business Association; Founding Member and Former President, Garrett Woods Chapter, Whitetails Unlimited; Former President and Former Director, Garrett County Promotion Council; Former Director, American Trust Bank.
- Charles McC.Mathias, Jr., Award, House of Delegates, 2018.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Accident, Maryland, January 17, 1943; Fairmont State College, B.S., Biology, 1964; Frostburg State College, M.S., Management, 1978; Frostburg State University, M.B.A., 1988; Served in U.S. Army, 1965-68; Microbiologist, National Institute of Health, 1968-71; Assistant Director of Environmental Health, Garrett County Health Department, 1971-81; Business Owner, Point View Inn and Motel (part owner), 1973-78; Business Owner, Starlite Motel & Restaurant, 1978-83; Administrator, Garrett County Sanitary District, 1981-98; Business Owner, Point View Inn & Motel, 1981-2003; Director of Infrastructure Development, D.C. Development LLC, 2003-06; Business Owner, Accident Bakery, 2005-; Farmer since 1983; President, Beitzel Enterprises, Inc.; Member, St. Paul's Lutheran Church; Married; two children, three grandchildren.
Last Updated: 11/30/2020 1:34 PM