Delegate Susan K. McComas
- Committee Assignment(s)
Rules and Executive Nominations Committee
- Judiciary Committee
- Annapolis Info
323 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3272 | 301-858-3272
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3272
Fax 410-841-3202 | 301-858-3202
- 323 House Office Building
- Interim Info
P.O. Box 1204
Bel Air, MD 21014
- Phone 410-836-9449
- P.O. Box 1204
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 2002. Member of the House January 8, 2003 to January 14, 2015, representing District 35B, Harford County. Representing District 34B, Harford County, beginning January 14, 2015.
- Current Assignments
- 2003- Judiciary Committee
- 2003- Family Law Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee
- 2019 Public Safety Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee
- 2015 House Committee on Rules and Executive Nominations
- 2015 Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review (AELR)
- 2015 Joint Committee on Legislative Ethics
- 2003 Women Legislators of Maryland ( Past President 2016-2017)
- 2006 Maryland Veterans Caucus
- Past House Service
- Deputy Minority Whip, 2015-2018; Juvenile Law Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee, 2015-2019; Estates and Trusts Subcommittee of the Judiciary Committee, 2003-2006; Chair, Harford County Delegation, 2008-2009.
- Public Service
- Maryland Sexual Assault Evidence Kit Policy and Funding Committee, 2017-; Commission on the Commemoration of the 100th Anniversary of the Passage of the 19th Amendment to the United States Constitution, 2013-; Commission on Child Custody Decision Making, 2013-2014; Legislative Effectiveness Committee, National Conference of State Legislatures, 2007-; Legislative Effectiveness and State Government Committee, National Conference of State Legislatures, 2005-2007; Task Force to Study Identity Theft, 2005-2007; Governor's Workgroup on Young Drivers, 2005; State Council on Child Abuse and Neglect, 2003-; Women Legislators of Maryland, Inc. (2007-09, Executive Board; 2008-09, Treasurer; 2013-2014, First Vice President; 2014-1015 President-elect), 2003-; Women Legislators of Maryland, Inc. (2015-2016 President), 2003-; Vice Chair, Claims Committee, Local Government Insurance Trust, 2002-; Town Commission, Town of Bel Air, 1987-2002; Chair, Town Commission, Town of Bel Air, 1999-2000, 1997-1998, 1991-1992; Commission for Women, Harford County, 1991-1997; Claims Committee, Local Government Insurance Trust, 1996-; Legislative Committee, Cecil/Harford Chapter, Maryland Municipal League, 1989-1992; President, Cecil/Harford Chapter, Maryland Municipal League, 1989-1990.
- Maryland Military Installation Caucus, 2017-; Maryland Rural Caucus, 2003-; Harford County Republican Central Committee, 1998-2002; Chair, Special Committee on Lawyer Referral, Maryland State Bar Association, 1989-1990; Board of Directors, Sexual Assault/Spouse Abuse Resource Center, 1982-1989; Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys' Association, 1986-1988; Maryland State Bar Association; Wyoming Bar Association; Harford County Bar Association.
- Certificate of Appreciation, Maryland Municipal League , 2008.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Denver, Colorado, April 3, 1951; Cheyenne Central High School, 1969; The Johns Hopkins University, B.A., Social and Behavioral Sciences, 1974; University of Wyoming College of Law, J.D., 1980; Graduate School of Public Affairs, University of Colorado, graduate work in public administration; File Clerk, Wyoming House of Representatives, 1977; Administrative Assistant, Community Action of Laramie County, 1977; Legal Intern, Wyoming Department of Health and Social Services, 1978; Legal Researcher, National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives, 1979; Intern, Legal Services, Albany County, Wyoming, 1979-80; Attorney: Private Practice (part-time), 1981-83; Commissioner, District Court, Harford County, 1983-85; Associate, Law Offices of Bruce J. Gilbert, 1984-85; Sole Practitioner, 1985-; Married.
Last Updated: 1/5/2021 2:03 PM