Bill number does not exist. Enter a vaild keyword.

Statutes Text

Article - Alcoholic Beverages


    (a)    There is:

        (1)    a Class B–2 beer and wine 6–day license; and

        (2)    a Class B–2 beer and wine 7–day license.

    (b)    (1)    The Board may issue the license for use by a restaurant that:

            (i)    was operating for 1 year before an application for the license was made; and

            (ii)    is equipped and stocked for the continued regular sale of food to customers and guests, as determined by the Board.

        (2)    The license holder need not meet the food sale requirements set forth in § 22–103 of this title.

    (c)    (1)    Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, the license authorizes the license holder to sell beer and wine at a restaurant, at retail, at the place described in the license, for on–premises consumption.

        (2)    (i)    The holder of a license issued before July 1, 1984, may sell beer and wine for on– and off–premises consumption.

            (ii)    The license holder may sell wine in split bottles.

            (iii)    Beer sold in bottles or cans exceeding 12 ounces in weight or size for off–premises consumption may be sold in a quantity of less than six.

            (iv)    If beer is sold in a containerized package, the package shall hold at least six bottles or containers.

    (d)    The annual license fees are:

        (1)    $500 for a 6–day license; and

        (2)    $700 for a 7–day license.