Article - Alcoholic Beverages
(a) Alcoholic beverages and other contraband kept, possessed, used, sold, manufactured, stored, or transported in violation of this article:
(1) are subject to seizure and forfeiture; and
(2) when seized, may be recovered or disposed of only as provided in this subtitle.
(b) Property is forfeited if it:
(1) was seized as contraband in the possession or control of a defendant who is found guilty of violating this article; or
(2) is otherwise found to be contraband or in violation of this article.
(c) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, property is forfeited if it:
(i) is seized as contraband and remains unclaimed for 30 days after seizure; and
(ii) has not been destroyed in accordance with this subtitle.
(2) (i) A vehicle, a vessel, or an aircraft that is seized as contraband is forfeited unless a protest is filed within 30 days after the publication under subparagraph (ii) of this paragraph.
(ii) The Comptroller:
1. if possible, shall notify the registered owner of the property of the seizure; and
2. shall publish a notice:
A. in a newspaper of general circulation in the county where the vehicle, vessel, or aircraft was seized; and
B. informing interested persons of the seizure and the right to file a protest.