Article - Business Occupations and Professions
(a) Except as provided in §§ 4–301.1 and 4–301.2 of this title and subsection (b) of this section, a person may not practice barbering or provide barber–stylist services in any place other than:
(1) a barbershop that holds a barbershop permit under this title; or
(2) a beauty salon that holds a beauty salon permit under Title 5 of this article.
(b) A licensed master barber, licensed barber, or licensed barber–stylist may practice barbering or provide barber–stylist services as appropriate outside a barbershop or beauty salon if:
(1) the master barber, barber, or barber–stylist is sponsored by a barbershop that holds a barbershop permit or a beauty salon that holds a beauty salon permit;
(2) the patron is a customer of the barbershop or the beauty salon;
(3) the implements transported to the site where barbering services or barber–stylist services will be performed are sanitized and disinfected;
(4) the sponsoring barbershop maintains complete records of all services performed outside the barbershop or the beauty salon; and
(5) Board inspectors are permitted to conduct inspections of:
(i) the implements used outside of the barbershop or the beauty salon; and
(ii) the premises where the barbering services or barber–stylist services are performed.