Article - Business Occupations and Professions
(a) Subject to the limitations in this section, the State Board shall waive the examination requirements of this subtitle for an individual who holds a local license.
(b) The State Board shall grant a waiver under this section only if the applicant:
(1) pays the application fee established by the Board under § 6-205 of this title;
(2) provides adequate evidence that the applicant:
(i) meets the qualifications otherwise required by this subtitle; and
(ii) is licensed in a local jurisdiction after:
1. passing, in that local jurisdiction, an examination that is equivalent to the examination for which the applicant is seeking the waiver; and
2. meeting, in that local jurisdiction, requirements that are equivalent to the licensing requirements of this subtitle; and
(3) submits a statement from the local jurisdiction certifying:
(i) the applicant is in good standing with the local jurisdiction;
(ii) the applicant obtained the local license by taking an examination equivalent to the examination given by the State Board; and
(iii) the date of the local examination.
(c) An initial State license that is obtained under this section may not be reinstated unless the requirements of § 6-312 of this subtitle are met.