Article - Criminal Procedure
(a) The Unit shall:
(1) monitor and provide guidance to the Secretary on the adoption of regulations establishing minimum mandatory standards for State and local correctional facilities regarding victim notification, restitution, and administrative record keeping;
(2) encourage the use of earnings withholding orders to collect restitution;
(3) coordinate with the Central Collection Unit to improve restitution collection;
(4) coordinate with the Division of Parole and Probation to modernize and improve collections and collaborate on communicating with parole and probation agents on their role in restitution collection;
(5) coordinate with the Division of Parole and Probation and the Central Collection Unit on ways to expedite the referral of cases to the Central Collection Unit;
(6) develop programs to be presented to the Maryland State’s Attorneys’ Association to emphasize statutory obligations regarding restitution;
(7) promote notification to victims; and
(8) examine the current remedies available to enforce restitution orders to determine whether the remedies are being effectively used and make recommendations regarding the need for additional remedies.
(b) Except as provided in § 11–805(a)(2) of this title and subject to the authority of the Executive Director, the Unit may adopt regulations to carry out the duties of the Unit.