Article - Criminal Law
(a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Collar” means a device constructed of nylon, leather, or similar material specifically designed to be used around the neck of a dog.
(3) “Restraint” means a chain, rope, tether, leash, cable, or other device that attaches a dog to a stationary object or trolley system.
(b) A person may not leave a dog outside and unattended by use of a restraint:
(1) that unreasonably limits the movement of the dog;
(2) that uses a collar that:
(i) is made primarily of metal; or
(ii) is not at least as large as the circumference of the dog’s neck plus 1 inch;
(3) that restricts the access of the dog to suitable and sufficient clean water or appropriate shelter;
(4) in unsafe or unsanitary conditions; or
(5) that causes injury to the dog.
(c) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 90 days or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.