Article - Correctional Services
(a) The Commissioner shall:
(1) develop comprehensive rehabilitative prerelease services; and
(2) make these services available to inmates of a prerelease unit for women.
(b) The comprehensive rehabilitative prerelease services shall:
(1) assist inmates in improving their education, upgrading vocational skills, and obtaining suitable employment;
(2) provide inmates with the opportunity to strengthen family and community relationships through extended family leave;
(3) assist inmates in improving their physical and mental health and reducing any tendency to abuse alcohol or drugs; and
(4) provide appropriate counseling, instruction, supervision, and medical and psychological treatment as necessary to help inmates achieve stable and productive roles in society.