Article - Education
(a) The government of the University is vested in the Board of Regents.
(b) The Board of Regents consists of 15 members appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(c) (1) One member of the Board of Regents shall be a student in good academic standing at the University who:
(i) Is at least 18 years old; and
(ii) Has the qualifications required to be student body president.
(2) The student member serves for a term of 1 year and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(3) The student may be a resident of a state other than Maryland, but the residency status of the student may not be considered in determining the number of resident or nonresident regents as provided for in subsection (d)(2) of this section.
(d) (1) (i) Except for the student member, each member serves for a term of 5 years and until a successor is appointed and qualifies. The terms are staggered as required by the terms of the members serving on December 31, 2012.
(ii) 1. Except as provided in subsubparagraph 2 of this subparagraph, a member may not serve more than two consecutive terms of 5 years.
2. A member whose term is scheduled to expire on June 30, 2019, may serve up to three consecutive terms of 5 years.
(2) Except for the student member, no more than three members of the Board of Regents who are not alumni of Morgan State University may be residents of other states.
(3) A member appointed to fill a vacancy in an unexpired term serves only for the remainder of that term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(e) Each member of the Board of Regents:
(1) Serves without compensation; and
(2) Is entitled to reimbursement for expenses in accordance with the Standard State Travel Regulations.