Article - Education
The purposes of the Program are to:
(1) Connect college and university students, recent graduates, and veterans with small innovative businesses in the high–growth technology sector through internships;
(2) Encourage high–achieving students at institutions of higher education in the State to remain in the State after graduation;
(3) Increase student understanding of employment opportunities in the State;
(4) Create connections between students and community business leaders and entrepreneurs and develop opportunities for student involvement in communities;
(5) Assist small technology–based businesses in developing internship programs and recruiting future employees; and
(6) Foster business retention and development, job creation, workforce development, and new investment in the State.