Article - Education
(a) UMBC shall administer the Program.
(b) To carry out the purposes of the Program, UMBC, in collaboration with the Department of Commerce, shall:
(1) Utilize an Internet site through which:
(i) Students may learn about technology–based businesses, technology–based positions in units of State and local governments, and internship opportunities;
(ii) Technology–based businesses may register, post information about internship opportunities, and apply for reimbursement of internship stipends as provided under this subtitle; and
(iii) Units of State and local governments may register, post information about technology–based internship opportunities, and apply for reimbursement of internship stipends as provided under this subtitle;
(2) Develop application and registration requirements;
(3) Develop orientation and training programs for participants in the Program;
(4) Review applications and award reimbursements of internship stipends under this subtitle;
(5) Provide opportunities for students to meet entrepreneurs, visit technology–related industry incubators, and learn about starting a business in the State;
(6) Provide recruitment and training opportunities and support for participating businesses and units of State and local government; and
(7) Track and assess Program outcomes.