Article - Education
(a) On the recommendation of the county superintendent and subject to the provisions of this article, each county board shall adopt procedures for the selection and purchase of the following necessary items, at the lowest price consistent with good quality, for use in the public schools:
(2) Supplementary readers;
(3) Materials of instruction;
(4) Visual and auditory aids;
(5) Stationery; and
(6) School supplies.
(b) (1) Each county board shall adopt procedures for the selection and purchase for use in each public school library or media center of a collection of books and auditory and visual materials concerning African American history.
(2) The collection in each library or media center shall be appropriate for students in each age group and reading level in the school.
(c) Each county board shall furnish the materials and supplies listed in subsection (a) of this section:
(1) Free of cost for use in the public schools; and
(2) In sufficient quantities for the different grades in the public schools.