Article - Election Law
(a) (1) A governmental entity that has awarded a person a contract that causes the person to be doing public business shall:
(i) require the person to certify that the person has filed the statement required under § 14–104(b)(1) of this title; and
(ii) provide the State Board with the person’s name, address, and any other contact information required by the State Board.
(2) (i) A governmental entity may comply with paragraph (1)(ii) of this subsection by sending to the State Board a quarterly report on a form provided by the State Board.
(ii) A quarterly report sent under subparagraph (i) of this paragraph shall:
1. include the required information for any person that was awarded a contract that caused the person to be doing public business with the governmental entity during the preceding calendar quarter; and
2. be submitted to the State Board no later than 10 business days after the close of each calendar quarter.
(b) (1) If a person files a statement under § 14–104 of this title that does not include all the information required, the State Board shall notify the person in writing of the particular deficiencies.
(2) Within 30 days after service of the notice under paragraph (1) of this subsection, the person shall file an amended statement that includes all the information required.
(c) (1) As provided in this subsection, the State Board may impose fees for late filing of:
(i) a statement required under § 14–104 of this title; or
(ii) an amended statement required under subsection (b) of this section.
(2) The State Board may impose late filing fees in the same amounts and in the same manner as provided under § 13–331(a) and (b) of this article for late filing of campaign finance reports.
(3) Late filing fees imposed under this subsection shall be distributed to the Fair Campaign Financing Fund established under § 15–103 of this article.
(d) A person who knowingly and willfully violates this title is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to a fine not exceeding $1,000 or imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or both.
(e) An officer or partner of a business entity who knowingly authorizes or participates in a violation of this title by the business entity is subject to the penalty provided in subsection (d) of this section.