Article - Family Law
(a) In this title the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Administration” means the Child Support Administration of the Department of Human Services.
(c) “Earnings” includes:
(1) any form of periodic payment to an individual, including:
(i) an annuity;
(ii) a pension;
(iii) Social Security payments;
(iv) workers’ compensation payments; and
(v) unemployment insurance benefits; and
(2) any commissions or fees paid in connection with the obligor’s employment.
(d) (1) “Employer” means any person who is paying earnings to an obligor.
(2) “Employer” includes a governmental entity.
(e) “Local support enforcement office” means 1 of the following that is responsible for support enforcement:
(1) a county agency; or
(2) a component of the circuit court for a county.
(f) (1) “Obligee” means any person who is entitled to receive support.
(2) “Obligee” includes a state.
(g) “Obligor” means an individual who is required to pay support under a court order.
(h) “Support” includes:
(1) child support;
(2) spousal support;
(3) support of destitute adult children; and
(4) support of destitute parents.
(i) “Support enforcement agency” means 1 of the following that receives support payments under a court order:
(1) the Administration; or
(2) a local support enforcement office.