Article - Family Law
(a) In this title the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Adoptive parent” means an individual who completes adoption of another individual.
(c) “Child placement agency” means:
(1) a local department; or
(2) a private agency that is licensed by the Social Services Administration of the Department under § 5–507 of this title, or by a comparable governmental unit of another state, to place children.
(d) “Crime of violence”:
(1) has the meaning stated in § 14–101 of the Criminal Law Article; or
(2) as to a crime committed in another state, means a crime that, if committed in this State, would be a crime of violence as defined in § 14–101 of the Criminal Law Article.
(e) “Department” means the State Department of Human Services.
(f) “Disability” means:
(1) alcohol dependence, as defined in § 8–101 of the Health – General Article;
(2) drug dependence, as defined in § 8–101 of the Health – General Article;
(3) a mental disorder, as defined in § 10–101 of the Health – General Article; or
(4) intellectual disability, as defined in § 7–101 of the Health – General Article.