Bill number does not exist. Enter a vaild keyword.

Statutes Text

Article - Family Law


    If an annulment or a divorce has been granted by a court in a foreign jurisdiction, a court in this State may exercise the powers under this subtitle if:

        (1)    one of the parties was domiciled in this State when the foreign proceeding was commenced; and

        (2)    the court in the other jurisdiction lacked or did not exercise personal jurisdiction over the party domiciled in this State or jurisdiction over the property at issue.