Article - Health - General
(a) For fiscal year 2011 and fiscal year 2012, the Governor shall include at least $6,000,000 in the annual budget in appropriations for activities aimed at reducing tobacco use in Maryland as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, including:
(1) Media campaigns aimed at reducing smoking initiation and encouraging smokers to quit smoking;
(2) Media campaigns educating the public about the dangers of secondhand smoke exposure;
(3) Enforcement of existing laws banning the sale or distribution of tobacco products to individuals under the age of 21 years;
(4) Promotion and implementation of smoking cessation programs; and
(5) Implementation of school–based tobacco education programs.
(b) For fiscal year 2013 and each fiscal year thereafter, the Governor shall include at least $10,000,000 in the annual budget in appropriations for the purposes described in subsection (a) of this section.